Degree’s Move More, Live More Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 OR OLDER. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, GUAM AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Degree Move More, Live More Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins at 6:00 am Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on October 16, 2018 and ends on November 13, 2018 at 9:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsors of this Sweepstakes are Conopco, Inc. dba Unilever, 800 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632 and izo, Inc. dba DanceOn ("Sponsor"), 7080 Hollywood Boulevard, Suite 1100, Los Angeles, CA, 90028. The administrator of this Sweepstakes is izo, Inc. dba DanceOn ("Administrator"), [7080 Hollywood Boulevard, Suite 1100, Los Angeles, CA, 90028].
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Void where restricted or prohibited by law. Each entrant ("Entrant") must be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address identified in the Entrant's entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the natural person in whose name the email account associated with the provided email address was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, Administrator, (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Entrants must be physically located in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia at the time of entry.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants may participate in the Sweepstakes by visiting the Sweepstakes page located at https://www.danceon.com/degreesweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes Homepage") during the Sweepstakes Period and following the on-screen instructions to complete the entry form with all of the information requested. Once the form is completed, Entrant must click the "Submit" button to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period (regardless of whether one (1) person has more than one (1) email address. If entries exceed the entry limitations, the Entrant may be disqualified, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Standard data charges imposed by Entrant’s online service will apply. Entries must be received by 9:00PM PST on November 13, 2018. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entrants must accurately provide all of the requested information to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Entries must be made by the Entrant only at the Sweepstakes Homepage. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or email address, including, but not limited to, commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entry services sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor's decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally. Sponsor has the right to change the Sweepstakes Period at any time prior to the start of the Sweepstakes period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Sweepstakes, at any time and in its sole discretion and notice will be posted on the Sweepstakes Homepage.
4. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The potential winner(s) may collectively be referred to herein as “Winner” or “Winners”. The potential Winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from all eligible entries on or about November 14, 2018. The potential Winners will be notified by email at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, on or about November 15, 2018. The potential Winners will be required to respond (as directed by the Administrator and/or Sponsor) to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and the Administrator will randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries. Potential Winners will be required to verify address and complete, sign, and return within seventy-two (72) hours an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other legal documents as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents") covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Failure to return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries for that prize.
A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Grand Prize (1)
One (1) Grand Prize is available. Grand Prize consists of one (1) trip for winner and one (1) guest (together, the “Attendees”) Two VIP Tickets to So You Think You Can Dance Live! 2018 on December 3, 2018 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, CA. The trip includes round-trip coach airfare from a Sponsor-specified major US airport nearest the Winner’s residence to Los Angeles, CA; two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations (single room, double occupancy, room and tax only) at a hotel to be selected by Sponsor; and two (2) tickets for the Attendees to the Event. Travel must be completed in December 2018 on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner; and two (2) Sponsor-selected Degree prize pack consisting of an assortment of Degree products, for both Attendees.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $3,999.00 Actual value of the prize may vary based on city of departure, travel dates, and other factors. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
Second Prize (5)
There are five (5) Second Prizes available. Each Second Prize consists of: One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) (awarded in the form of a check) and a Sponsor-selected Degree prize pack consisting of an assortment of Degree products (ARV One Hundred Dollars $100). ARV of each Second Prize: Two Hundred Dollars ($200). Total ARV of all Second Prizes: Thousand Dollars $1000.
Approximate Cumulative retail value of all prizing to be awarded in the Sweepstakes: $4999
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN FACT OR IN LAW BY SPONSOR. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer a prize to another person. The Prizes are non-refundable for cash and non-changeable once issued. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. If a winner cannot accept a prize, or any portion thereof, as stated, the prize may be forfeited at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, if applicable, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. The stated ARV of each prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of the prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. If a prize is valued at $600 or more, the winner must provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes and an IRS Form-1099 may be issued for the actual value of the prize received. Other restrictions may apply. If prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, the prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion.
Travel is currently contemplated to take place in December 2018. The Attendees must be available for travel on dates specified by the Sponsor, which are subject to change. Location and details will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner may be asked to sign additional confidentiality releases, on-camera releases and/or production releases as requested on-site by Sponsor. If Grand Prize Winner cannot accept a prize, or any portion thereof, as stated, the prize may be forfeited at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Grand Prize Winner’s guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, unless the Grand Prize Winner is such guest’s parent or legal guardian. Grand Prize Winner’s guest (or if such guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to verify address and to execute a Travel Companion Release, as directed by the Administrator, prior to the travel departure date prior to issuance of travel documents. Failure to return the executed Travel Companion Release within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the trip for the guest. The Attendees must travel together on same itinerary for the Trip. The Attendees agree to undertake the trip at their own risk. All travel arrangements must be made through Sweepstakes Entities. Airline will be selected by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Once trip dates have been booked, no changes, extensions or substitutions are permitted, except at Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. Sweepstakes Entities will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Any costs of travel exceeding the allowance provided herein shall be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. For the avoidance of doubt, the Grand Prize Winner shall be solely responsible for all costs, expenses, and incidentals associated with prize acceptance and use, including, but not limited to, additional ground transportation, additional meals and activities, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance, taxes, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full airfare may be charged to the Grand Prize Winner from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. If, where applicable and in the judgment of the Sweepstakes Entities, air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to the prize destination, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the Winner. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges, including, without limitation, any baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable Federal inspection fees. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
Sweepstakes Entities maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, transportation company, restaurant, retail location, or venue (“Providing Party”) and Sponsor is merely an independent supplier of the trip and is not in any way related to each Providing Party. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (a) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of those Providing Parties or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (b) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or otherwise used by any of those suppliers, (c) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sweepstakes Entities, or (d) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION RELEASES: Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize that he or she may win, each Entrant agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of any prize. As a condition of receiving any prize, each Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials at Sweepstakes Entity’s sole discretion without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, release forms, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; (vi) claims based on violation of right of publicity, defamation or invasion of privacy; or (vii) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsor. Sponsor may prohibit any individual from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor's representatives. Without limitation of the foregoing, any use of software or hardware, including, without limitation, a program, mechanism, system, robot, “bot”, macro or other artificial device, process or manipulation (“Manipulation”) is strictly prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate any person’s participation in the Sweepstakes whom Sponsor suspects has engaged in any Manipulation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. In addition to the foregoing, if for any reason (including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Sponsor , e.g. force majeure), Sponsor cannot continue the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, temporarily suspend the Sweepstakes for the duration of any force majeure event, or extend the Sweepstakes Period.
8. INDEMNITY: Winners shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) Winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of Winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, use, or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
9. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. In the event of a claim or dispute, Entrants’ sole remedy shall be limited to their remedy at law for damages, if any, and Entrants shall not have the right to in any way enjoin or restrain the distribution, advertising, publicizing or other exploitation (in any form of media) of the Website, the Sweepstakes, and/or any intellectual property owned or licensed by the Sweepstakes Entities.
10. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or the Released Parties’ individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Degree Move More Live More Sweepstakes Winner List/Rules, 7080 Hollywood Boulevard, Suite 1100, Los Angeles, CA, 90028. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than February 1, 2019. Vermont residents may omit return postage. You may also view these Official Rules at https://www.danceon.com/degreesweepstakes.